The Israel Project (TIP) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. that works to strengthen Israel's image in the media through means of strategic communication. TIP also maintains an office in Jerusalem, Israel.
TIP is currently seeking paid staff members for its Israel offices.
Office Assistant - Jerusalem, Israel
Under the direct supervision of the TIP Israel's Operations and Finance Manager (OFM), the Office Assistant performs numerous office support functions for the Executive Directors of TIP Israel and Senior Advisor for TIP's European Affairs and Special Projects initiative. The Office Assistant will also perform limited functions for the OFM.
· Serves as primary staff member to answer telephone and welcome guests
· Handle correspondence, faxes, emails, and scheduling appointments
· Making appropriate travel arrangements
· Preparing and mailing out TIP Israel materials as needed
· Maintaining office supply inventory and preparing appropriate documents for review and approval by the OFM for ordering office supplies
· With approval of OFM, schedule vendors as needed to resolve technology issues – computers, printers, copiers, land line and mobile telephones, etc.
· Schedule and oversee work of office cleaning staff
· Process incoming/outgoing mail; faxes; FedEx shipments; go to the post office as needed.
· Maintain appropriate levels of printed materials for TIP Israel and European events and media tours in Europe.
· Prepare for approval and submit expense reports and American Express reconciliations on a monthly basis.
· Manage certain administrative vendors
· Prepare for review and approval mock-ups for stationery, business cards, and related items
· Maintain master TIP Israel and European Affairs calendars on Outlook.
· Assist in logistics for conferences, events and trainings
· Prepare for review, approval various job postings; coordinate receipt of CV's as needed.
· Making appropriate travel arrangements for all TIP Israel and European Affairs staff
· Provide back up assistance to Development and Special Events Coordinator or needed.
· Other duties as are appropriate for an Office Assistant
Skills & Abilities
· Mother-tongue Hebrew and English language skills required.
· Advanced proficiency of all components of Microsoft Office Suites software, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and willingness to learn other TIP database systems.
· Professional appearance and demeanor essential.
education & experience
· 2 years experience working in an office
· College degree a plus
If you are interested in being considered for the position, please submit an appropriate cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. All of these positions will be physically sited in the location specified in the listing.
Only candidates whose background and experience are consistent with the job postings will be contacted.
Must be Israeli citizen or hold Israeli government approved credentials to work in Israel.