The Israel Project (TIP) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. that works to strengthen Israel's image in the media through means of strategic communication. TIP also maintains an office in Jerusalem, Israel.
TIP is currently seeking paid staff members for its Israel offices.
Media Tours Coordinator - Jerusalem, Israel
Reporting to the Director of Communications at The Israel Project's (TIP) Israel Office, the Media Tours Coordinator will be an integral part of TIP's communication team. A passion for Israel advocacy is essential. Working with fellow communications professionals and local suppliers to coordinate existing media tours as well as develop new educational tours for foreign journalists, according to the news cycle.
· Coordinating TIP's helicopter program: working with various suppliers; managing logistics; preparing materials, pre/post- transport needs, etc.
· Ground tours: coordinate existing tours – in particular TIP's Jerusalem tour and Sderot operation; develop new ground tours under the direction of TIP's communications team.
· Incoming media tours: build itineraries for visiting media delegations from overseas.
· Tailor-made visits: work on specific media requests and pitch content/visit ideas to specific journalists.
· Uploading tour participant information to TIP's content management systems.
· Guiding tours when necessary.
· At least 3 years experience in communications/advocacy/educational tours and missions/IDF educational corps (guides). Strong logistics background.
· Mother tongue Hebrew and English.
· Residence status in Israel (position is based in Jerusalem)
· Passion for Israel advocacy. Good knowledge of Israel, a must.
· High energy, dynamic, proactive and committed.
· Willingness to work in a 24/7 dynamic news environment
· Very good computer/Internet skills, data management and multi-media abilities
· Ability to work efficiently and calmly with an eye for detail in a deadline-driven environment
If you are interested in being considered for the position, please submit an appropriate cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. All of these positions will be physically sited in the location specified in the listing.
Only candidates whose background and experience are consistent with the job postings will be contacted.
Must be Israeli citizen or hold Israeli government approved credentials to work in Israel.