The Israel Project (TIP) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. that works to strengthen Israel's image in the media through means of strategic communication. TIP also maintains an office in Jerusalem, Israel.
TIP is currently seeking paid staff members for its Israel offices.
Arabic Media Director - Jerusalem, Israel
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of TIP's Israel Office, the Arabic Media Project Director will work with a team of Arabic-speaking media professionals to reach out to Arabic media based in Israel and overseas in-person and via TIP's Arabic website.
· Day-to-day oversight of TIP's Arabic Media Project; supervises Arabic Media Associate.
· Press relations: cultivate relationships with Israel-based Arabic journalists through regular meetings and conversations; package and pitch specifically prepared news pieces for Arabic top tier media outlets.
· Media events/tours: initiate Arabic media events and tours for Israel-based Arabic press.
· Media Tours: together with broader TIP team, initiate a number of annual media tours to key Arabic media locales - arranging meetings with journalists.
· TIP's Arabic Web pages: maintaining TIP's Arabic web pages and uploading/updating written and multimedia content such as Arabic videos and expert lists.
· Social Media: assist in the development of an outreach plan to Arab world via social networks and blogs.
· Press Releases: editing and adapting TIP's press releases and materials for Arabic media in Arabic; on occasion, preparing exclusive materials for the Arabic press; uploading releases to TIP's content management system and emailing to Arabic press list.
· Arabic press list: maintaining current Arabic list; adding journalists to content management system after meetings, events or tours; consider ways to increase TIP's online reach to the Arabic media overseas.
· Media analysis: collate and distribute post-event/pitch/press release clippings; research and highlight any important stories in the Arabic media that touch on TIP's mission.
· Donor relations: assist in the preparation of donor-orientated presentations and reports; when appropriate, brief donors and accompany TIP team to donor meetings.
· Develop Arabic Project long-term strategy: assist with budgeting, research, polling and direction.
· At least 10 years media and management experience
· Mother tongue Arabic – spoken, written and reading. High level of fluency in Hebrew and English preferred.
· Resident status in Israel (position is based in Jerusalem)
· High energy, dynamic, proactive and committed
· Willingness to work in a 24/7 dynamic news environment
· Experience in media/public relations/advocacy/
· Advanced proficiency in using Microsoft office suites programs, e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint plus Adobe PDF; proficiency in utilizing the internet for research and outreach; experience utilizing an online data base and data management skills preferred; multimedia abilities a plus.
· Ability to work efficiently and calmly with an eye for detail in a deadline-driven environment
Bachelor's degree required; preferably in journalism or communications; master's
If you are interested in being considered for the position, please submit an appropriate cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. All of these positions will be physically sited in the location specified in the listing.
Only candidates whose background and experience are consistent with the job postings will be contacted.
Must be Israeli citizen or hold Israeli government approved credentials to work in Israel.
Good luck and don't forget to mention the Jobs In Israel Blog!